The Grenfell Tower Inquiry has appointed 12“expert witnesses” to produce reports into the Grenfell Tower disaster.
The expert witnesses will provide a range of technical advice and expert reports to assist the work in theInquiry in delivering against its Terms of Reference. The first phase examines the existing fire safety andprevention measures at the 24-storey residential tower.
The expert witnesses are:
• Dr Barbara Lane – FREng, Chartered Fire Engineer, Leader of Fire Safety Engineering at Arup.
• Colin Todd – Fire Safety Consultant, CS Todd &Associates Ltd.
• Professor David Purser – Hartford EnvironmentalResearch
• Professor Edwin Galea – CAA Professor of Mathematical Modelling, Director Fire Safety Engineering Group, University of Greenwich Professor.
• Dr Ivan Stoianov – Senior Lecturer in Water Systems Engineering, Imperial College London and Engineering and Physical Sciences Research CouncilFellow in Water Systems Engineering
• Dr Duncan Glover – Failure Electrical LLC
• Professor Jose L Torero – John L Bryan Chair andDirector of the Centre for Disaster Resilience, University of Maryland, USA Professor.
• Professor Luke Bisby – Professor of Fire and Structure and Head of Research Institute, School of Engineering, University of Edinburgh
• Professor Niahm Nic Daeid – Director of Research,Centre for Anatomy and Human Identification,School of Science and Engineering, University ofDundee.
• Rodney Hancox – Director, Gas Distribution Solutions Ltd
• Steve McGuirk – former Chief Fire Officer GreaterManchester, Cheshire and South Yorkshire, formerPresident of the Chief Fire Officers Association,Board Member and Fellow of the Institution of FireEngineers and former Lead Adviser to the LocalGovernment Association
• Beryl Menzies – Fire Safety Consultant, MenziesPartners (producing a report considering the application for building control approval in relation to therefurbishment of Grenfell Tower)